The Keurig K75 Single-Cup Home-Brewing System with Water Filter Kit, Platinum is a step up from the Keurig B70 and features a few improvements on that model. Again, it is designed for households who want their coffee fast and where different household members like a different favored coffee or tea.
Also, customers will be pleased to discover that the K-cup filter comes with the K75 and don’t need to purchase it separately.
About the Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System
Like the B70, the K75 comes with five different cup size selections and you can also choose the temperature of your beverage. The main difference lies in the quieter and more reliable performance of the machine as well as the inclusion of a water filter kit so that you can filter out any chemical tastes from your coffee.
The reservoir is also slightly larger however the attractive design is still present with the emphasis on blue in the LCD display and the water reservoir.
Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System
How it Works
You will need to follow the directions to prep the machine however this literally involves filling the reservoir and running a couple of hot water brews through the machine. Each time you fill the reservoir, it will take about four minutes to heat, however if you leave the machine on, subsequent brews will only take 15 seconds.
At its most simple, the brewing process involves inserting a K-cup or fresh grounds, selecting cup size and temperature and then pressing the ‘brew’ button. You can also pre-set the machine to start at a certain time so that you have fresh coffee when you wake up.
Features and Benefits of the Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System
- Design – single-cup home brewing system designed to be used with patented K-Cups
- Suitable For – people who want single cups of great tasting coffee in a hurry. It is also great for households where everyone likes a different type of coffee or tea.
- Control Panel – is of the one-touch variety so that you select and press to start the brewing process
- LCD Display – is blue and matches the reservoir to create a peaceful ambience in your kitchen
- Digital Clock – is easy to read and provides you with an additional time keeping point of reference in your kitchen
- Programmable – there is an on/off button that you can use to operate the machine
- Cup Sizes – 5 different brew-sizes are available – 4 oz., 6 oz., 8 oz., 10 oz. and 12 oz
- Brewing Temperature – is adjustable so that you can have it as hot or tepid as you like
- Drip Tray – is easily removable and this is what enables you to fit a travel mug underneath the filter
- Water Reservoir – holds approximately 72 fluid ounces which is the equivalent of 10 cups, depending on the size of the cup. It is also blue-lit and can be removed.
- Descaling – there is a descale indicator that will come on when it is time to descale the machine
- Cleaning – is very easy and if you are accustomed to using your dishwasher for cleaning, you will be pleased to find that the removable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Noise – the K75 runs very quietly compared to its predecessor
- Bonus – a 12-count K-Cup variety pack is included for your convenience as is a starter water filter kit
- K-cup Filter – is also included with the unit so that if you sometimes didn’t want to use K-cups, you will be able to use freshly ground coffee beans or tea leaves instead.
Specification for the Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System
Measures: 14.9 x 16.8 x 12.2 inches
Weighs: 15.4 pounds
Shipping Weight: 16 pounds
Item No: K75
What’s Great About the Keurig K75
- Very easy to set up and go through the prepping steps
- Filter pods for the water filter are economical to purchase and a refill pack of three filers should last around 6 months
- Runs very quietly
- Water temperature appears to be very accurate
- Brews very quickly
- Coffee is a lot hotter than that made in the B60
- Comes with the ’K-cup’ insert into which you can place your freshly ground coffee beans. You don’t need to purchase this separately with the B75.
- Makes perfect coffee
- It doesn’t drip when the coffee has finished flowing
- The documentation that comes with the coffee machine is very comprehensive and explains how you should prep and use the machine.
- Adding the water to the reservoir is very simple and if you use a bottle to fill it, it is even easier. Some customers who specifically use bottled water find they don’t need to use the filter.
- Very easy to use
Customer Feedback and Reviews
At the time of writing, 44 customers had left feedback for the Keurig K75 and they rated it with 4.6/5 stars. Things they liked about it included that it was very easy to use, ran quietly, generally performed more reliably than the B70, its fast brewing and great tasting coffee.
Customers were also very pleased to find that they did not need to purchase the mesh filter separately so they could use their own freshly ground coffee when they wanted to in preference to a K-cup.
While this coffee maker appears to be more stable than the B70, a few customers still had issues with it breaking down after being used a few times. To read more about what customers had to say, you can read the reviews here.